Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

My husband cashed checks then gave the cash to his boss. The

My husband cashed checks then gave the cash to his boss. The money was earned from various jobs the company he worked for had done. His employer could not pay the staff and continue in business because the IRS took all money from his bank, although the IRS was being paid on time as agreed.

Is this a crime? Also,the IRS now wants to say this is my husbands income that was not declared and make us pay money, which we do not have, nor did we ever get.

Is this legal?
seized by the IRS.
Is the boss denying that the money was turned over to him? Did your husband open an account in the company name to cash the checks? if not how were the checks made out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Boss does not deny money turned over to him and they have evidence(their books) that the money was properly accounted for.

The checks were made out to the his boss, not company, and husband was already treasurer, manager of office . No new account for company, just husbands personal one.

You can successfully challenge the IRS's claim and you should not accept their attempt to charge your husband with income for the funds in question. Since the funds were accounted for on the books of the company they are clearly the company's money and not your husband's. Also it is not a crime so it is just a bluff by who ever is telling you that.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.