Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

We have several PSL seats for a football stadium.The PSLs

We have several PSL seats for a football stadium.The PSL's are in my father-in Laws name who is dead now for 18 years. How can my wife and I get the seats switched to to either my wife name or our daughters name without loosing the PSL privilege? Each PSL seat is currently worth $5000. Paying the transfer fee is not the problem. Loosing the seat privilege is.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good afternoon. This is going to depend upon the terms and conditions of your PSLs regarding what happens if there is a death of the PSL owner. Most allow for transfer to the deceased's beneficiaries, but you would have to look specifically at the term of yours. If a transfer on death is allowed...then you can simply pay the transfer fee and change the name. If not, you better keep them in your father in law's name. Given that there is a transfer fee, it would seem that such a transfer would be allowed; otherwise why have a transfer fee.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.