Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I cant find a contract template for "event brokerage agreement"

Customer Question

I can't find a contract template for "event brokerage agreement" that I'm looking to use with a night club between them and someone that is looking to rent out the club for NYE. Any ideas of where to look? I'm just coming across different product/real estate/insurance templates.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 3 years ago.

You are not going to find a template for what you want. You will have to take one of the forms and modify it to meet your requirements. Use the real estate template and substitute use of the facility for the property. You will also need to be clear on all the terms of the place usage, including things like the club serving the liquor or whether you will be providing your own liquor. If there are any liquor sales you will need a license.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok that sounds good. I think I need to provide several more details. We are just being compensated by the club for finding a buyer to rent out the club. They said they'll give 10% of the price they charge the promoter. We just want to ensure that once they are interacting that we are able to ensure we're paid for connecting them.

Would we still use the same type of form you mentioned?

Thanks!

Yes that is what is typically in a real estate brokers agreement. See if you can find a listing agreement because that covers what happens if the seller goes to a buyer introduced by the broker. YOu want to cover anyone you introduce who rents the place within some period of time after initial introduction. You also want to cover repeat business. This would be a situation where the renter decides to do an annual or quarterly event. You want to be covered for the follow on business.