Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

i work for a nurisng angency when your late with a note or

Customer Question

i work for a nurisng angency when your late with a note or missing a note your pay is hold back for a whole month i'm a sinlge parent of three children and a grandchild i'm the only one that's working i live from one paycheck from another my question is i wanna know is that legal?

if you voice your concern about money issues you get a memo the next day is that lagal?
what is my rights getting paid on a timely matter or constantly being told suspended or fired.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, if you are paid on a monthly basis and you fail to submit proper documentation required the employer can hold pay until the proper documentation has been submitted because it is considered that your job is not completed for the pay until all paperwork is submitted. However, holding it until the next pay day, especially since the next pay day is a month away is likely going to be a violation of the pay act and something you could file a complaint with the Department of Labor's wage and hour division for investigation and this is really a case on the borderline because the employer can make payment by the next regularly scheduled payday, other than the fact that they are arguing you did not complete the job by not submitting notes timely and thus the pay would be due with the submission of the notes on the next payday. If you are not submitting notes timely as required by the employer, then you are not properly performing your job and it could be grounds for termination for cause.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.