Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

I have a litigation stating that a unauthorized event was broadcasted

I have a litigation stating that a unauthorized event was broadcasted at my buisness. It was not broadcasted what do i do if I am getting sued?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

If you get sued, you will need to file a written answer denying the allegations with in the time period alloted on the citation which is usually 20 days of you being served with the suit.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or at .

You can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When I write the letter stating that I deny the allegations what happens next?

Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.
Then the people that have sued you will try to prove their case by a preponderance of the evidence and you will try to defend your case. This is the whole subject of civil litigation that can fill a 1000 page book. But in short they can depose you and other witness under oath to get facts and evidence to prove their case and then a trial is held before a judge or jury and then the court issues a judgment is they win or dismiss the case against you if you win.