Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

How to sue a management company for not allowing my band to

Customer Question

How to sue a management company for not allowing my band to play on the street in San Francisco. For one of my band members, this is his daily income for this is his only talent he has.

This is preventing him from paying rent, eating regularly, and living his normal life. They want to sue for the money they are losing on the streets on a daily basis from now until they expect they can't perform anymore.

This also allows them to get gigs with movies and other entertainment arenas and they have been performing for over 20 years. Example, one band member has been in 3 movies already because of his street performing. In detail, the one movie was with Will Smith. Also, the mayor of the city has been performing with the band as well.

Again, which attorney is best and what is the lowest-priced way to handle this since money for us is not good.

SO far, we wrote a demand letter asking for $657,000. We don't know if this is reasonable but we calculated it by multiplying the daily income by 30 years.

Thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
I am not clear as to who is stopping you from playing on the street and the reason they are stopping you. Please explain why the management company is stopping you and who they are in relation to you and your band.