Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I wanna know about the nexus laws and Amazon and NCs relat

Customer Question

I wanna know about the nexus laws and Amazon and NC's relationship...as a former Amazon affiliate (associate) with them, how can I sell amazon products on my sites even though Amazon pulled out of NC because of the nexus law?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Set up a corporation in another state and have the website based in another state and owned by that corporation. All it requires is a PO Box or a registered agent for service of process.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is that legal to do? Wouldn't I be side-stepping the laws of NC? I have thought about that, namely doing an LLC in Delaware, but I didn't know if that was legal and if NC could come after me for setting one up and having my business in that. If that was the case, I could get an associates ID through Amazon for the state of Delaware.

Let me know if that is viable for me. Thanks so much!
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
It is legal to do and yes you are side stepping NC laws, kind of. A corporation is a separate legal entity so it can reside in a place other than where you do. Most corporations are for either Delaware or Nevada, regardless of where the owners actually live.

As long as you follow the rules of the corporation, and the attorney who sets it up will go over those with you, it is perfectly legitimate. If you decide you don't want an attorney to do it then go through an online forms place like

http://legalzoom.directtrack.com/z/10/CD2177/&dp=0&l=0&p=0&subid1=&subid2=&subid3=&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-dt-_-CD2177-_-na

to do your forms/paperwork because they give you instructions on how to act like a corporation.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.