Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

Hi, I am a designer-back in July my company went into a home

Hi, I am a designer-back in July my company went into a home and hung multiple pieces of art and drapery for someone that requested my services. I met the lady at no cost quoted her- did the job- she said she understood I put them where they looked best but she wanted them other places(never mentioned that to me in meeting) her charge was 900.00 . She went on and on so I just said you know you are not happy so I will just refund. Really just did not want to argue over it. She just sent me an email stating that she is mad because of the holes in her walls from anchors to hang the art. She expects me to come out and tell her what I will do and said she has contacted lawyer. My company is closed now, due to economy. How do I address this? Ignore email?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. I would simply ignore this. This lady is ridiculous...she will not prevail in this. If you actually hear from a lawyer...which I doubt you will because any decent lawyer is going to tell her basically to "get over it"....then you can respond with the facts, that you have no liability because you were requested to do what you did, and that your business is closed and inactive. Don't let this worry you. :)

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.