Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Is it legal in Washington state for a non-medical person to

Is it legal in Washington state for a non-medical person to own a medical practice or employ a physician?

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

It is legal in Washington state for a nonphysician to own a medical practice and employee a physician in that practice

I hope that this helps.

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello - sorry to reply after a few days, but I came across some statute in Washington State that a Professional Corporation must be majority owned by a licensed professional, but can be 'managed' by anyone. Can you clarify your answer a bit? I thought possibly a medical practice could be owned by a non-medical person if it was registered as a simple LLC rather than a PC since the licensing restriction doesn't seem to apply for LLC's. The brief scenario is that a friend wouldlike to invest in a medical practice that I would provide services for as a physician. I would not be able to invest as much money as he, so he would be majority equity owner. Thank you very much for the assist.
It is my pleasure to clarify. It is correct that a professional corporation must be owned by the licensed professional. However any business entity may employ a licensed professional