Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I would like to re-open an Illinois corporation that was closed

I would like to re-open an Illinois corporation that was closed in 2003. We closed the company, so we did not file our Annual Report. Now, I would like to re-open the company, so that we can be eligible to receive government contracts that had previously been granted to the company. Is there a way to re-open this company, and what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Ed Khan
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Good morning. You can get your corporation reinstated by following the following application with the required actions described therein:

FORM BCA 12.45/13.6 (rev. Dec. 2003)

APPLICATION FOR REINSTATEMENT

DOMESTIC/FOREIGN CORPORATIONS

Business Corporation Act

Jesse White, Secretary of State

Department of Business Services

Springfield, IL 62756

217-782-1837 (foreign)

217-785-5782 or(NNN) NNN-NNNN(domestic)

www.cyberdriveillinois.com

Remit payment in the form of a cashier's

check, certified check, money order,

Illinois attorney's check payable to

Secretary of State.

See notes on back.

____________________________________ File #_____________________________ Filing Fee: $200 Approved: ___________

---- Submit in duplicate ---- Type or Print clearly in black ink ---- Do not write above this line ----

1. a. Corporate Name as of date of issuance of Certificate of Dissolution or Revocation:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

b. Corporate Name if changed: (See Note 2.)

c. If a foreign corporation having authority under an assumed corporate name restriction, the Assumed Corporate Name

(See Note 3.) __________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________

2. State of Incorporation: ___________________________________________________________________

3. Date Certificate of Dissolution or Revocation issued: _____________________________________________________

4. Name and Address of Illinois Registered Agent and the Illinois Registered Office upon reinstatement:

NOTICE: Completion of Item 4 does not constitute a registered agent or office change. (See Note 4.)

Registered Agent ________________________________________________________________________________

First Name Middle Name Last Name

Registered Office ________________________________________________________________________________

Number Street Suite # (P.O. Box alone is unacceptable)

________________________________________________________________________________

City ZIP Code County

5. This application is accompanied by all delinquent report forms together with the filing fees, franchise taxes, license

fee and penalties required. (See Note 1.)

6. The undersigned corporation has caused this application to be signed by a duly authorized officer who affirms, under

penalties of perjury, that the facts stated herein are true and correct. (All signatures must be in BLACK INK.)

Dated _______________________________ , _____ ________________________________________________

Month & Day Year Exact Name of Corporation

______________________________________

Any Authorized Officer's Signature

______________________________________

Name and Title (type or print)

? Printed on recycled paper. Printed by authority of the State of Illinois. April 2010 - 5M - C 89.23

IL

NOTES

1. All fees in connection with the reinstatement must be in the form of a certified check, cashier's check, Illinois attorney's

check, CPA's check or money order payable to Secretary of State. This includes all filing fees, franchise taxes, penalties

and interest.

2. If the corporate name the corporation had at the time of dissolution or revocation is not available for use at the time of

reinstatement, the corporation shall set forth the new name by which it will hereafter be known. A change of corporate

name also must be properly effected in accordance with the provisions of the Business Corporation Act of 1983. For

domestic corporations, Articles of Amendment must be filed, pursuant to Section 10.30. For foreign corporations, if the

name has been changed, an Application for Amended Authority (Form BCA 13.40), together with a certified copy of the

amendment, must be filed pursuant to Section 13.40.

3. This item must be completed if either the foreign corporation's true name was not available at the time of qualification

or the foreign corporation's true name is XXXXX XXXXX available at the time of reinstatement, If the foreign corporation's true

name is XXXXX XXXXX available at the time of reinstatement, Forms BCA 13.40 and BCA 4.15 must accompany the other

documents pertaining to the reinstatement. If the renewal date for the assumed name is XXXXX XXXXX the date of signing in

Item 6, an assumed name renewal statement must accompany the reinstatement application.

4. If either or both the registered agent or the registered office of the corporation has changed since the time of dissolution

or revocation, the corporation shall properly report such a change on Form BCA-5.10.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the prompt response! Does this mean that I would have to pay all of the Annual Report filing fees for the last 7 years? Please let me know.

Thanks again.

Ed

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes, unfortunately, you do. Take care.
Richard, Attorney
Experience: 32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.