Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

Hi there,I closed a conversation a few hours ago on this

Customer Question

Hi there, I closed a conversation a few hours ago on this issue, but my friend, is still in need of support on this issue and is asking me to contact you again. Please refer to our previous conversation to recall what was already talked about. My friend had a hearing with the trustee for bankruptcy yesterday and at the meeting it was concluded that she didn't have sufficient information about her assets (that are non existent). The question was how she is able to feed herself, maintain a roof over her head, pay utilities and survive, without a declared income and being the owner of a business (that has been shut down) which was declaring an approx. $40,000 loss carried over from the last two previous years. A new date was set for an ulterior meeting in a month from now. Considering all the above, including the alternative of just dropping out of sight, what are the steps to take with the appointment with the trustee and what do you suggest should be her next step? Thank you very much and kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

Is this a Chapter 7 bankruptcy?

Did the debtor try to prepare her own petition?