Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

looking for guidance in the change of ownership of a newly

looking for guidance in the change of ownership of a newly established LLC.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

I can assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've been sent to the US to open an office for a Public Relations agency headquarted in France.
I created the LLC in California in October in which I am the CEO, and the single owner/member is also the Founder and Owner of the French company.
Now I need to transfer ownership of the LLC from the individual to the French agency, so that it becomes a legal subsidiairy.
What US documents do I need to change/file for that? (ownership certificate, operating agreement, articles of organizations, others)
A very quick phone conversation would be ideal.
Thank you very much.
Mathieu Ramage(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately site rules prohibit me from contacting you by telephone.

Here are the required steps:

1. Review the articles of organization and operating agreement. Section 17301 of the California Corporations Code states that these documents may govern the assignment of membership interests.

2. Hold a vote. The existing members may induct a new LLC member by majority vote.

3. Change the required list of economic and membership interest holders. Section 17058 requires an LLC to maintain a list of the full name, address and economic interest of all interest holders in the LLC.

I hope that this helps.

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.