Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
11688690

If an employee is conducting business for the company and is

Customer Question

If an employee is conducting business for the company and is reimbursed a company approved amount for mileage, and the employee has a car accident, is the company liable for the employee's deductible on their personal car insursance?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 6 years ago.

Law Pro :

Hi, I'm an expert on Just Answer and will assist you with your question.

Law Pro :

No. Not at all. To the contrary, regardless that they are paying mileage to the employee - that's all they are responsible for. The employee is responsible for the insurance and all maintenance and repairs.

Customer:

Thanks very much for your help, this has never come up before, and we did not think we should be responsible for the employees actions or insurance deductible.

Law Pro :

Oh, so your the employer? I thought I was talking to the employee and thought that they weren't going to like my answer so didn't expect to get a response nor an "accept" fo