wallstreetesq.
wallstreetesq., Attorney
Experience:  10 years, Corp litigation, Of Counsel to several global and nationwide corporation
16356563

If a worker is part of a union, but then goes and enters into

If a worker is part of a union, but then goes and enters into an agreement with their boss (say-regarding scheduling) can this individual employee likely face suit from the union for breaching contract? Would would be most likely to happen?
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

If the Union finds out, usually they will issue a fine to you, especially if the agreement was in clear violation of Union terms or an employment contract negotiated by the Union and employer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But you do not feel they could bring personal suit against the individual and sue for a large majority of their assests (I am a little clueless on these types of things ad am just looking into worst case scenario). Could the individual's job be terminated? How high do you feel this fine would reasonably be?

Thanks so much!
they will not sue you personally they would either restrict or revoke your Union membership and penalize you. However, the Union should clearly indicate their policies in their by laws and you may want to ask for a copy to see what their policy is. If you voluntary revoke your Union membership than you will not be penalized.