Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

What licenses are required for a scrap yard business in NY

Customer Question

What licenses are required for a scrap yard business in NYC
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.
What types of scraps are you planning on carrying in the yard?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The scrap would consist of steel/alluminium ferrous and non ferrous.
we would also like to collect and export cardboard srap.
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/licenses/118.shtml

You can apply for that online at the link above.

For the cardboard, you may want to inquire about a general export license. It is recommended you seek counsel from the Department of Commerce Export Counseling at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my work unless you press ACCEPT.

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future by starting your new questions with "This question is for Maverick".

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.martindale.com/ or at http://www.lawyers.com/ .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any other licenses like BIC/DOT from NY State or Queens County or the local city council to haul and store it at the scrap yard????
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.
I do not know the answer to that question so I will opt out at no charge to you. Hopefully, someone else can assist you further shortly. You need not reply to this message as it may delay a response from another expert. Thank you.