Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

our family owned colorado c corp owes me a lot of money in

our family owned colorado c corp owes me a lot of money in the form of many notes payable. Can I assign a note owed to me to another LLC so that the company pays the LLC in stead of paying me if, and when, it can pay something back?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, unless the note specifically prohibits the assignment of the note, you are legally entitled to transfer the note to another LLC.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.