Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

In spite of notarized documentation and numerous disputes sent

In spite of notarized documentation and numerous disputes sent to Equifax, I can't get them to remove an erroneously posted Ga tax lien on my credit report. What is my next step to straighten this out?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

On what grounds, if any, are they claiming that the dispute has to stay on the record? Did you attempt to contest it online via their system?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Even though proof was given that the lien was filed by State of Georgia error, they are still reporting it as a "satisfied lien payment" and say that it has to stay on the report for seven years. Both TransUnion and Experian removed it completely from the report but not Equfax. I have contested it online twice, and called them, to no avail. My score with Equifax is 706. My scores with Transunion and Experian are 780 and 788.

Thank you for your patience.

The only solution left is to consider filing suit against Equifax at this point. Since it appears that they are refusing to remove it without cause, I would suggest that you threaten actual legal action, punitive damages, and your attorney fees as a means of getting them to remove what is obviously a false and a mistaken filing.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 11/2/2010 at 7:54 PM EST