RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Am a licensed chiropractor in NC. I am purchasing an existing

Am a licensed chiropractor in NC. I am purchasing an existing practice in Asheville NC. Need to incorporate ASAP. What corp is appropriate? and can I do it quickly online?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

RGMacEsq :

A professional corporation (PC) is generally the best corporation for professional services. Under The North Carolina Professional Corporation Act (Chapter 55B of the North Carolina General Statutes), a professional corporation is formed in order to render services within one specific profession, subject to certain state exceptions.

The North Carolina Professional Corporation Act covers the following professions: Architects, Attorneys-at-Law, Public Accountants, Practice of Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, Osteopathy, Chiropractic, Nursing Practice, Veterinarians, Podiatrists, Practicing Psychologists, Occupational Therapy, Licensed Professional Counselors, Engineering and Land Surveying, Landscape Architects, Certified [Licensed] Clinical Social Workers, Geologists, Foresters and Soil Scientists.

RGMacEsq :

You can do this quickly online as well. Legalzoom.com (as well as a variety of other sites) can help you through all that you need to incorporate, file the paperwork, etc... all in one place. Now note that this is not a law firm, and you are at your own risk when you do this. If you do it through a law firm and they screw something up, you can sue the law firm. If legalzoom or you screw something up, then you're on your own.

RGMacEsq :

I hope that helps. Good luck with your business! If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

Customer :

Is that a type S corporation?

RGMacEsq :

It actually starts out as a C corporation, but you can make the S election with the IRS (IRS form 2553).

RGMacEsq :

North Carolina recognizes S-corporations.

RGMacEsq :

So essentially, you can be taxed as an s-corporation as a professional corporation.

Customer :

OK thank you

RGMacEsq :

My pleasure. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!