Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I had a contract/agreement with a business that promised me

I had a contract/agreement with a business that promised me 10% of all sales in north america for a period of six months. After two months I was told that they could not afford to pay. They are still in business and the contract would have expired at the end of October 2010 with the promise of full time hire or continue as agreed. Can I sue for the unpaid commissions?

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

Yes you may file a breach-of-contract action against the company. An e-mail agreement is given the full force and effect of a written hardcopy agreement. Since the company has not performed as per the agreement, you may file suit to recover your damages. If you prevail in your action you will be entitled to the commissions payable plus court costs and fees.

I hope this helps