MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I want to sell exclusive territories for a new product that

I want to sell exclusive territories for a new product that I own . It is a one of a kind new discovery that will be sold to retail stores

I want to sell someone their exclusive territory for a fee based on the population in that area ex. ( 500,000 people = $20,000 ) , then wholesale them the product that sales reps will in turn sell to retail stores in their territory .

Is this a Franchise or a Distributorship ??? Are the Laws different in each state ?

Thanks
Brad Murray (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post Brad, it would a distribution. A franchise would be a brick and mortar or a particular way of running a business.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How do i get advice on how to draw up a distributorship agreement ?

Are you sure i can charge for a territory , and then also wholesale them the product ?

Hello Brad, you would retain counsel to draft your distribution contract. Yes, I am sure that you can charge this way. As the wholesaler, you determine which distributors you license to sell your product.