Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I have two PA S corporations. I want to do business under the

Customer Question

I have two PA S corporations. I want to do business under the second name and keep the first business name and tax id. I need instructions and or advice on dissolving the second one and doing business as for the first one under the second name. Both companies have no debt, no creditors and no pending issues.

Thank you.
Srini
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon. Do you want to keep the name of the first business?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to keep the name of the first and do business under the second name with first compnays tax id because of teh history.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Ok...Thanks. Then, here's what you need to do. File an Assumed or Fictitious Name Certificate with the Secretary of State and the county of the principal address of the first business indicating that the first corp will be doing business as the first name. Then dissolve and liquidate the second corporation by filing a Dissolution with the Secretary of State and a final liquidating tax return with the IRS.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to do business under the second company name and keep the first compnay name and id.

Ex.company 1: abc, inc. 12-2345678
company 2: def, inc. 21-2345666

final: abc, inc. d/b/a def, inc. with id 12-2345678. I would also appreciate any info on forms, time, fees and instructions.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

You can find the forms that I have referenced above on the following PA Department of State website.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/corporations/12457/filing_guidelines/571876