How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

socrateaser what should a plaintiff do, if a defendant.

Customer Question


what should a plaintiff do, if a defendant. [government] unilaterally changes [completely] the CAPTION of a filed appeal, without leave of court.?
for example... TEST APPLICANT # XXXXX of cpa exam 2009 v. Board of CPAS clerk of admissions.
then, it was changed to SALLY SMITH V. CLERK OF CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, ?

thereafter, the defendant says... sally smith v. Clerk of Board of CPA S... [still way off and not the original accepted CAPTION by the FEDERAL filing clerk.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:


JustAnswer Moderator

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks FRAN, moderator...

no, as of this email... still had no reply to my civil procedure question.?
in a FEDERAL COURT of APPEAL what action would an appellant take when a party without leave of court, significantly and un laterally changes the CASE CAPTION.?

I did file a motion to put the caption back as it was filed.

i appreciate justanswer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

DID you change the FEE schedule.?

and, do you have me signed up on the MONTHLY basis.?


still no answers./??

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

No, you don't have a monthly subscription.

There are two likely reasons for the delay. The first is that your post was flagged as underpriced for the amount of work involved. Federal Appellate law is rather specialized, and as I'm sure you know, anything you submit has to be correctly done if you want it considered.

The second is that you directed your question to a specific expert who appears to be unavailable to take it on.

If you would like to raise the value of your question, I can help you do that. Similarly, if you need me to open it up to all experts, I can remove Socrateaser's name from the post and make it available to all comers.


Moderator, JustAnswer

Related Business Law Questions