Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

In the state of Arizona if I want to sell new off-road vehicles

In the state of Arizona if I want to sell new off-road vehicles such as UTV's/ATV's, in which the M.S.O clearly states not for use on public streets, roads, or highways, do I need the same license as an automotive dealer?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

Yes. The same licensing procedure is required for sale of the offering vehicles such as UTVs/ATVs as an automotive dealer. Here is a link to the statute:
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/arizonarevisedstatutes.asp?title=28

You can obtain an application by contacting the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand asking for the Dealer Licensing Unit.