MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

My father was the actual inventor of the battleship game. (

Customer Question

My father was the actual inventor of the battleship game. ( seriously!) he has a letter from the mattel corporation where he sent the idea in and they turned it away saying they didn't think the public would be interested it. He has the original wooden carved game that was sent._Over the years he has tried to do something but never was able to get anyone wanting to pursue this,_Can anything be done ? he is 82 now and doesn,t deserve to live worrying about his life expenses after all of these years.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, when was the game first released by Mattel?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The mid to late 60s

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX point too much time has passed to bring an action against Mattel now, the claim would be barred by the statute of limitations.