Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.

i am not sure if i am in the right area of just answer. but

i am not sure if i am in the right area of just answer. but this is my question.... i live in Arizona our sales tax is 10%!!!!!!!!! i would like to know how if any way i can get out of paying sales tax. i plan to buy a car $50,000 in California the person that is selling me the car told me that because the car is going from CA to AZ he does not put sales tax in the price. That means that when i go to the dmv to get it lic. that would mean i would need to pay $5,000? i know selling a car in AZ from person to person you don't pay sales tax.

Thank, Mark
Chat Conversation Started

You must pay AZ sales tax on the purchase regardless of where you purchase the car. Some folks will use an address of a relative who lives in a state with a low tax rate and register it there. In a private sale, sales tax should also be collected or the bill of sale should state that it was not collected, at which point the new owner would pay it upon registration also.