N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I need to cite a case where a judge has dissolved an LLC because

Customer Question

I need to cite a case where a judge has dissolved an LLC because it never had a physical address per arizona state statute 29-604 and/or Company records were not made available to administrative member.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/29/00604.htm&Title=29&DocType=ARS

29-604. Known place of business and statutory agent to be maintained
A. A limited liability company shall appoint and continuously maintain in this state:
1. A known place of business that may be the address of its statutory agent.
2. A statutory agent for service of process on the limited liability company that is either an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, a limited liability company or a foreign corporation or limited liability company authorized to transact business in this state.
B. Unless the statutory agent signed the document making the appointment, the appointment of a statutory agent or a successor statutory agent on whom process may be served is not effective until the agent delivers a statement in writing to the commission accepting the appointment.

http://www.azcc.gov/divisions/corporations/LLCGoodStanding.asp
states:

Once you start your Limited Liability Company (LLC), there are some very important issues to consider in order to stay in good standing with the Commission. When an LLC falls out of good standing, it can be marked delinquent and subsequently administratively dissolved or revoked if you do not rectify the problem within the time period listed on the delinquency notice.
///
2. If you move, tell us! Maintain deliverable addresses for your LLC on our records! If you move the known place of business address for your LLC, or if your Statutory Agent’s address changes, you must submit a Statement of Change of Known place of Business or Statutory Agent.

It sounds like a corporation without an address would be administratively dissolved by the Arizona Corporation Commission without necessity of any court action. So I do not think there would be a court opinion where a corporation was dissolved by a court for failure to maintain an address.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Arizona corporation attorneys listed by location at
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/Business-Organizations/Arizona

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX familiar with the law but is there any case law I can site as well, anywhere?

Robert

I do not have much access to Arizona case law on line, but as I said, if an LLC is administratively dissolved by the Arizona Corporation Commission, there is no judicial action and there would not be any case law on those events.