Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

how to register dentist office

Customer Question

how to register dentist office
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you understand and accept these provisions as well as Justanswer.com's disclaimer?

Please respond with a Yes or No to continue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Your boyfriend appears to be qualifying the dental office under his license. In this arrangement he is taking the risk of any and all complaints against the office and endangering his dental license. This certainly does not appear to be a beneficial arrangement for your boyfriend.

In addition, the woman is committing bank fraud and tax fraud by signing your boyfriend's name to checks and tax returns.

I suggest that your boyfriend immediately retain local counsel to assist him in extricating himself from the situation without damaging his license and filing criminal charges.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Taking any risk even it's other dentists' fault, who work ther on the other days? How do these endanger his license?

What kind of local counsel can he turns to?

Thanks!

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Since your boyfriend is considered the employer in the dental office, he is liable for the acts of his employees -- the other dentists -- based upon the legal principle of Respondeat Superior. This legal doctrine imposes liability on the employer for the acts of the employees.

A civil attorney with business law experience.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

He doesn't have any copy of legal documents that he signed for the office. Can he go to the court just to liquidate this dental office? What kind of documents does he need? Or, any other place that he can go to sign and legally liquidate the office? Does he need that lady's permission on it? She has all the legal documents and she hides them all!

Also, can a non-dentist like her own a dental office?

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Your boyfriend will want to terminate the relationship immediately. He can do this by filing a court action without the woman's agreement or by agreement with the woman. I suggest that you retain local counsel to assist him in either event so as to minimize his legal liabilities.

J.A. policy requires that you start a new thread for a new question. Please accept the answer and then you may start your new question. If you have difficulty with the accept button, please let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't want these conversations become public or posting online to someone else. Can you delete them? Or will the website keep them privately?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
After you have clicked accept I can request that the question be closed for privacy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this a threat?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean?