Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

We are a non profit high school band booster organization.

Customer Question

We are a non profit high school band booster organization. We receive no money from the state. A parent maember is stating that the band is subject to the sunshine laws (KORA and KOMA in Kansas) I thought the KORA and KOMA laws were for governmental agencies.
I know we must follow the IRS laws but can we be fined under KORA or KOMA
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.

If you are not a government body or receive public money you are not subject to the sunshine laws. Whether your parent organization is entitled to the minutes is a function of your charter.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.