Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.

If both members of an llc are on listed a commerical agreement

If both members of an llc are on listed a commerical agreement as landlords to rent spaces, do both members of the llc need to sign it to make it valid for the tenant
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 6 years ago.

Not necessarily. I assume you are subleasing or for some other reason the member signed the commercial agreement as a prerequisite to being able to lease. Either way, who needs to sign depends on the operating agreement for the LLC. Generally a manager would sign any documents regarding business of the LLC. It may be a member managed LLC, unless you're operating agreement sets it up otherwise. If it is member managed, both must sign unless, again, your operating agreement specifies something different.

I believe I have answered your question. Your accept would be greatly appreciated. Of course, if I can provide clarification concerning your original question, please let me know.

If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you accept the answer to your first question before asking another.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say and will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.

Could I provide clarification? If so, please let me know and I would be happy to further assist you. If not, your accept would be appreciated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We do not have an operating agreement in place. There are 2 members total with 50%.

Then you should both sign the lease agreements. Your accept would be appreciated. Thanks.