Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  Significant Company/HR Experience
14472836

We are the contractor on a mutt family housing property in

We are the contractor on a mutt family housing property in Melbourne, Florida. The company we work for bought it foreclosed. We were almost done with the work inside units when the city code compliance said they have old permits for demolition of inside units. They have not/ will not show us those old permits. They want to go into these said units to inspect. My question is are they legally allowed?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 6 years ago.

The city is allowed to inspect the properties being renovated. You must allow these inspections otherwise legal action can be taken against you. If you are cited for violations , you will need to remedy the violations or appeal them.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT even if you are on a subscription plan so I may receive credit for my work.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.