MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

a dentist was told to do only whats covered by my insurance

Customer Question

a dentist was told to do only whats covered by my insurance co., She then gave me a shot and numbed my mouth, she then told me that the cap was not covered by ins. co and I would have to pay right now, or she will not work on me. this is the 2nd time this was done to me. 1st. extra $330, this 2nd incident $200. My question is , I belive that what she did is criminal, giving me a narc. then telling me to pay up or i will not treat you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, while the action is not necessarily criminal, it does leave the dentist without recourse if the patient decides not to pay for the procedure or later seeks to invalidate the agreement to pay for the procedure citing the inability to enter into such an agreement via diminished capacity.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: attorney missed point, more concerned with dentist getting paid then fact of not telling me before hand that ins co does not cover cap, instead gave me shot of narc. numb mouth ""THEN SAID THIS IS NOT COVERED PAY UP OR NOT TREATING YOU"".
attorney missed point, more concerned with dentist getting paid then fact of not telling me before hand that ins co does not cover cap, instead gave me shot of narc. numb mouth ""THEN SAID THIS IS NOT COVERED PAY UP OR NOT TREATING YOU""
Hello, to be clear, what remedy do you seek in your case?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
want to know if what she did is criminal, i belive she used the shot as leverage for me to ok the cap, being your numb already. if it is criminal , i will have her arested and push to have her lic. pulled by NYS.
No, it is not criminal.