Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I live in Illinois and just formed an LLC for a wine store/lounge.

Customer Question

I live in Illinois and just formed an LLC for a wine store/lounge. I am having the actual bar built by a family member. In recording the purchases for material, how do I categorize them? Since the finished product of the purchased materials will be a bar, do they need to be recorded as assets or expenses?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.
How much will the bar cost to build?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Aprox. $3000.

You can treat it either as an asset or an expense because of the relatively low cost.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.