Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Our business is going to do a indoor marketplace in arizona

Our business is going to do a indoor marketplace in arizona and I would like to know what is best suited for our business to rent space to individual vendors, a rental agreement, license agreement, or lease agreement.

Good morning. A rental agreement and a lease agreement are basically the same thing...you are simply agreeing to rent/lease space to a tenant. That is the format you will want to use and the title of these documents being different basically only means two different parties drafted them. A license agreement is really not applicable...i a license agreement is really only applicable when you are entering into an agreement to use someone's technology, patent, software, trademark, or other intangible asset. You are simply renting space...so you want to use a Rental or Lease Agreement.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Still need explanation of what is the difference between a rental agreement and lease agreement.

Other than one being titled a Rental Agreement and one being titled a Lease Agreement, there is no difference...each is doing the exact same thing...providing for a tenant to rent space. It's like if you are buying a property, one attorney might title the document an Contract for Sale while another might title it Purchase and Sale Agreement...they do exactly the same thing.