Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I HAVE A COPRATION THE SOLE HOLDER OF THE CORPORATION SO BAS

I HAVE A COPRATION THE SOLE HOLDER OF THE CORPORATION SO BASE ONE SOMEONE WAS TELLING ME I GUARENTED ALL LOAN AND CREDIT CARD FOR THE BUSINESS SO THAT MAKE ME SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVEY THING BUT WHAT IF I DIDN T GUARENTEED SOME CREDIT CARD I RECENTLY FILE BANKRUPT CHAPTER 7 I SUPPOSE TO GET MY DISCHARGE PAPER IN SEPT. I FILED JUST UNDER MY NAME WAS THAT THE RIGHT THING TO DO. NOW HERE I AM A TAX PREPARER GETTING READY TO MAKE AN AGREEMENT WITH BLOCK SINCE I WAS THE SOLE OWNER CAN I SELL MY BOOKS TO THEM AND GO TO WORK FOR THEM ARE DOES THE BOOKS BELONG TO THE CORPATION I CREATED. I HAV DISSOLVE THE CORPRATION BUT INTEND TO DO SO, ONCE IT IS RESOLVE TO MY BOOK OF WORK STILL BELONG TO ME. CAN I SELL ARE SHOULD I WAIT TELL AFTER MY DISCHARE COME THROUGH.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you understand and accept these provisions as well as Justanswer.com's disclaimer?

Please respond with a Yes or No to continue.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Typically any personal liability that you would have related to the credit cards would be discharged in your chapter 7 bankruptcy. This is true even if the cards were issued to your business.

Whether you can sell your business depends upon whether it was excluded as an exempt property from your bankruptcy. If you are unsure, you will want to wait until after you receive your discharge
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WHERE WOULD IT SAY THAT ON THE DISCHARGE PAPER EVEN IR I ONLY FILED BANKRUPTSY IN MY NAME ONLY
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the bonus

Can you please explain your question further as I am not certain I understand what you are asking
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HOW WOULD YOU TELL ON YOUR DISCHARGE PAPER IF YOU IF YOUR BUSINESS WAS EXEMPT BECAUSE I FILED A CHAPTER 7 UNDER MY NAME AND GAVE UP THE BUSINESS PROPERTY BACK TO THE A BANK . I M RELATING TO MY CLIENTS I WANT TO SELL TO H& R ARE COMBINE FORCE DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THIS AND SELL CLIENTELE TO THEM

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the clarification. You will need to look back your bankruptcy paperwork to see if your case has been closed as a no asset chapter 7. You can find this information out from the bankruptcy court clerk. if the bankruptcy was closed as a no asset chapter 7, you may sell your client list

Edited by WebLaw on 9/7/2010 at 4:07 PM EST