Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.

Sorry if you have seen this already, I have had some trouble

Sorry if you have seen this already, I have had some trouble logging in to I operate a small IT services company in San Francisco. I have an agreement with a large multiunit housing developer to provide tech support to their properties upon request. Each property is separately incorporated as its own entity. We provide the service, send a bill to the developer in Denver, and usually get a check from the property. My question is: do we need an agreement with each property, or is our business covered by our agreement with the parent organization?

As long as your agreement with the parent company references the fact that they will request work be done for the benefit of any one or more of their wholly owned, independently incorporated subsidiaries, then you should be fine.

The parent company would then be responsible for payment to you if you do work on property owned by the parent or owned by a subsidiary.

The parent can then work out with the sub how payment will be made -- that doesn't matter to you as long as you have an agreement that makes someone ultimately responsible.

I believe I have answered your question. Your accept would be greatly appreciated. Of course, if I can provide clarification concerning your original question, please let me know.

If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you accept the answer to your first question before asking another.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say and will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.

Could I provide clarification? If so, please let me know and I would be happy to further assist you. If not, your accept would be appreciated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks much, that does answer my question.