FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.
13539925

I need to know about how import swimsuits from Brazil, dresses

Customer Question

I need to know about how import swimsuits from Brazil, dresses and bags from Italy, Shirts from Venezuela. My Question are:
1) What costs I need absorb like importer?
2) What is the difference between representative of the company and importer?
3) What are the differences % of earning if I am a representative of a company or if I am an importer?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
The usual difference between a rep and an importer is that an importer takes ownership of the goods for resale, a rep does not. A rep is like a company salesman. This comes into play in a lot of different ways, for example if you are an importer YOU are liable for customs duties, import tariffs, and the costs of transporting the goods, which can be massive. Whichever way you choose to go, how much you make is a subject of negotiation. If you are an importer it is based upon what you agree to pay for the goods and what you sell them for. If you are a rep, it depends upon your contract with the manufacturer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is my first time importing or been a rep so I want to know how is the smarter deal I can do with the owners of the company in the case I will be a representative? Do you know about the % of earning to a rep? In the case that I decide be a importer, there are some tricks to import and reduce cost?
I'm sorry this site is a forum where people ask one question and get one simple answer to it. We really can't explain the import export trade in this forum. You can contract for whatever % you can get. the big difference between rep and importer I explained above.