Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

Greetings - I need some advice again from you. My attorney

Customer Question

Greetings - I need some advice again from you. My attorney was able to get the emergency access to the website based on the purchase agreement and the promissory note. I know now none of the files are where they belong. He has hid them at another location or simply deleted them. The site no longer would function in the way I built it. He has destroyed 13 years of my work. He has named my bank in his claims against me because they (the bank) confirmed my accounts. As they should have. It is his inability to run this business that has caused the drop in sales. The bank lawyers want my lawyer to move this into Federal Court in Green Bay or Milwaukee WI. Would this be any benefit to me or cause further delay? I want to be in court as soon as possible and have this resolved as soon as possible as well. Thank you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, moving the case to federal court would result in a delay as you would then be subject to the federal court's docket (vs. the state court docket you are already on).
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for requesting me.

Federal courts generally are much tougher on the plaintiffs and are much less likely to award higher fees (meaning that if you are the plaintiff, you want to stay out of federal and go to state, and if you are the defendant you try to do all that you can to get into federal from state). If you are the plaintiff, I do not see any real benefit and I just see this as a delaying tactic.

Hope that helps, and I do apologize for the delay--had a family issue that cropped up just as I was answering your question.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 8/6/2010 at 4:27 AM EST
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Run my own successful business/contract law practice.