MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

Looking to see if my proposed new business name SmartMarketing

Looking to see if my proposed new business name: SmartMarketing Communications, Inc.

which I am changing from SmartMarketing Solutions Group,Inc.

is OK based on the following notice of settlement:

...will direct defendent to discontinue in this state all uses of "Marketing Solutions" or any colorable imitation thereof (including but not limited to SmartMartketing Solutions Group ) in any name, mark, slogan or tagline.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, you cannot use SmartMarketing Communications, the issue is "SmartMarketing" is unique enough that the substitution of Communications to Solutions is not enough to disassociate the two trade names.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The issue is with the term Marketing Solutions- which is a name of a company here in new mexico...

ok, if the crux of the issue is Marketing Solutions than SmartMarketing Communications is fine.