MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

My Mom is 91 years old and has a no solicitation sign” by

Customer Question

My Mom is 91 years old and has a “no solicitation sign” by her front door.
A tree service company came by solicited her suggested what she needed and she signed a $3,000.00 contact. My sister and I call the tree company ( I called twice she call one) and informed them that she could not pay for the services. I was out of town and told them as soon as I got back I would send them power of attorney and cancel the contract. The tree company said it was already scheduled and without a power of attorney ASAP they we going to perform the services. I said OK just put is on hold and I would be back in 2-3 weeks I did not have access to the POA.

They did the work anyway and now it is in collections and they filed legal action but I have talked with them and it is stopped temporarily.

I have asked for several things, business license local business license and all of their safety procedures, climbing certifications, safety procedures, etc.
They have sent me the business licenses even though there are not on file with the local city.

Now they want me to send them a copy of my Moms reverse mortgage balance.

My Mom can’t afford this and the collection company talks happy and friendly but as like they said “they have represented the tree company for years and they have a strong law background. “

Please advise
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, did you or your sister send the rescission notice in writing? If so, when?
Has your question been answered?