Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

I have a hairdressing salon for sale, have found prospective

I have a hairdressing salon for sale, have found prospective buyers and have come to an agreement on terms and conditions of the sale. We have drawn up a contract, signed it and passed the cooling off period.
Do I (and do they) legally need to use a conveyencers services for the sale of the salon to be legal? What else do I need to do to meet legal obligations for the sale of my business?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
You will need to deliver the documents promised in the contract. If you lease the property, you will need the cooperation of the landlord to assign the lease to the new owner. If you have other leases or service agreements those will need to be assigned, as well. The buyer would also want proof that all taxes have been paid. All in all, it would probably be a good idea to hire an attorney to make sure everything in the conveyance is done correctly.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the cooperation of the landlord, and there are no other leases or service agreements. All documents and conditions of the contract have been met.

There is also a comprehensive list of what is included in the sale of the salon ( equipment, tools, fixtures and fittings etc.)
The buyer has a recently completed Form 2 including the financial year 09/10.

I do not want to hire an attorney, as I don't feel it is warranted in a business sale under $40,000. I want to know if I legally need a conveyancer to enable us to finalize the deal.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
If you are confident in your ability, you can do it yourself.