lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.

Ive recently started a sole proprietorship buying and selling

I've recently started a sole proprietorship buying and selling on eBay. I only got my Indiana Retail Merchant Certificate in July to be able to sell to Indiana buyers as well, but I'd still sold a few items on eBay and Amazon to out-of-state customers prior to that date. Is it okay to track my books in Quickbooks on an annual basis, from January-December, even though I didn't get my official license until July?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable.

Yes that is fine. Since you are a sole proprietor your taxes will be filed on a calendar year (Jan -Dec) basis so that is how you need to keep your books.