Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

We had a problem with our workers compensation the insurance

We had a problem with our workers compensation the insurance company over stated our true actual wages we don’t know how this came about. We were requested to make an amended actual wage for the periods. 1/06/07 to 1/06/08 $ 78,157.42 1/06/08 to 1/06/09 $ 164,318.48 1/06/09 to 1/06/10 $ 104.408.78 We are non school cleaners We only clean newly finished buildings Total payments made to date $ 25,827.97 We have had a recent quotations from other provides and their charge for $ 120,000.00 actual wages is a little over $ 8,000.00. I imagine that in the year 2007 & 2008 the charges would be less that 2009??
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You have the right to challenge the insurer and provide proof of your actual payroll, which you should have no problem doing because you have all of the tax records from payments to employees. If the insurer will not accept those official records and insists on their own accounting, this would not hold up in court without more proof as your records of your actual wages would be what the court would consider official. Unfortunately, at this point it is time to get your company attorney involved in negotiating and objecting to the insurer's claims.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.