Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Can two LLCs individually owned in the same professional area

Customer Question

Can two LLCs individually owned in the same professional area sell shares to one another as a way of increasing their protection against debtors in the state of Florida. Brent Blanchard answered my last question.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Would you like me to forward your question to Mr. Blanchard or are you looking for a 2nd opinion?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Mr. Blanchard never responded to this.. Whomever feels they can respond would be fine. Thanks
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Question --Can two LLCs individually owned in the same professional area sell shares to one another as a way of increasing their protection against debtors in the state of Florida.

Answer -- It would not appear to be beneficial. If LLC X owned shares of the LLC Y, and a judgment was issued against LLC X , the shares of the LLC Y owned by LLC X would be at risk.