How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 33102
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do we sue Aetna Insurance for denying Speech Therapy coverage

Resolved Question:

How do we sue Aetna Insurance for denying Speech Therapy coverage for our 4 1/2 year old son with Autism. They have paid previously through May 2010 and now say it isn't necessary.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
The first thing to do is contact the doctor and find out if there is anything in the records that would allow them to make that denial. If so, get it corrected and resubmit. The next step if that doesn't work is to find a lawyer in your area who does insurance law or bad faith insurance law. is a good site to look for these. Any lawyer with a rating of 6 or above would be fine. That website allows you to search by geographical area and practice area.

You may also want to speak with the lawyer about filing a complaint with the state Department of Insurance. They may want to help you craft your complaint so don't do it until you speak with a lawyer.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Dwayne B. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you