Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

When and how do I pay the $800 to California for my LLC

When and how do I pay the $800 to California for my LLC?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. You must pay an annual LLC tax to California's Franchise Tax Board (FTB) within 3-1/2 months of formation. That tax is currently $800 per year. After the year of formation, the tax is due by April 15 each year, assuming your LLC has a calendar tax year. This tax must be sent to the Franchise Tax Board with FTB Form 3522, Limited Liability Company Tax Voucher, available at http://ftb.ca.gov/

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.