Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I am the CEO and 100% owner of construction company. I was

Customer Question

I am the CEO and 100% owner of construction company. I was working on a town house removing paint off the front stairs. I was scraping the old paint of the stairs and paint chips went onto the neighbors driveway. The neighbor pulled up just as we where about to clean up. She got out of the car and Said get those F##ing paint chips out of my driveway or I am going to call the police. I looked at her laughed and said sarcastically you are going to call the police. I then started to clean the paint chips up right away. I motioned for her to park the car across the street and she refused. We finished cleaning up the paint chips in her yard and she parked her car on the driveway. I assumed that this was the end if the issue. I thought wrong.

The next morning my manager showed up at the house to start painting with the crew. The neighbor from the day before was sitting on her deck and she looked at him with a death stare. He asked her what was wrong. She began to explain to both my customer and my manager that , I had laughed in her face and she was a criminal attorney and she was going to sue the owner of the company for trespassing , not cleaning up the paint chips and putting water marks on her car. To make matters worse she found out my name by checking who the owner of my corporation was and then pulled my entire criminal and civil record since she is a lawyer. I used to have a pill addiction and went to rehab 3 years ago and now go to AA every day. The record she pulled showed all this info and she began to reveal this to both the customer and my Manager. My manger then calls me explains to me the situation and I told him to offer her free services for her home to calm her down. She refused and said that she would here from her lawyer on Monday. Is this legal that she is talking my information that she has access to since she is a criminal lawyer and revealing it to both my client and my manger. Should I transfer my assets out of the corporation?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
No, these records are public records and anyone, not just attorneys can access them. However, what she is claiming she will sue you over is actually quite frivolous and the chances of her winning anything would be fairly slim. You can transfer assets from your company in case she tries to sue, but again most times people who make so much noise are simply bluffing and if she sues on this the matter is so trivial that it is likely that she would not succeed and the courts do not like trivial issues.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.