Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I run a computer consulting company, and occasionally well

Customer Question

I run a computer consulting company, and occasionally we'll run into a situation where the customer will not make payment following an onsite service event. Another recent scenario is a customer that gave a credit card that turned out to be invalid when attempting to run it, and now the customer is not reachable. What remedies do we have to recover payment?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
You can talk to the police about a theft of services case but most of them will tell you it is a civil matter so you will have to file a lawsuit to recover your money.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.