Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Restraint of Trade, I have a supplier refuseing to sell me

Customer Question

Restraint of Trade, I have a supplier refuseing to sell me certain products because of my local competitors are greater in size, What could be done?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Can you tell me if the products can be purchased through a different supplier?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The product are certain brand and only can be bought from certain distributors in our area. Now this particular distributor has me opend to buy there products but refuses to sell it to me because of near by competitor is doing greater bussiness then I would.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Unfortunately only unreasonable restraint of trade through acquisitions, mergers, and predatory pricing constitutes a violation of anti trust laws. If the distributors decision not to sell to you does not limit trade, sales and transportation in interstate commerce or has a substantial impact on interstate commerce it may be restricted.