INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

Would it customary or in the normal practice for an entertainment

Customer Question

Would it customary or in the normal practice for an entertainment management company, (not agency) to offer a signing bonus or perks to potential clients/talent with regards XXXXX XXXXX a contract?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It varies from case to case but is common with top talent or where there is competition over the client.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a travel show I created that has interest by a few parties. This management company had showed a lot of enthusiasm and stated they're drawing up a deal memo to "marry us all together"... However they're dragging their feet. It's been almost a month and still nothing has been presented, even after 2 emails asking for updates, it's just been passive, "we are working on it"... I have another option to present my show and package it through an attorney and then go directly to various outlets. How much longer should I wait? And would going through a lawyer be a better option than an agency or management company?
You may want to let them know directly or through a lawyer that you have other options and need to sign off on this now. They may walk away or speed up based on this information.