MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I am wanting to start a business in which i will provide a

I am wanting to start a business in which i will provide a service to business owners. I need to know if there are any services I legally cannot provide and if I need to have my clients sign some sort of disclaimer? The services provided will be assistance with documentation completion and documentation management services.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, what type of documents are to completed and managed? Also, are your clients going to be individuals or businesses?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am going to assist business owners (be it individuals, partners or corporations) with the completion of documentation for money services businesses, i.e. Money services businesses registrations, California check casher permits, fictitious name statements, etc. We will manage the documents as they expire and update the forms prior to expiration for our clients.
Are you going to in any way be providing legal advice regarding registration/filings?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX services that you cannot provide are those services requiring a license to do so, such as providing legal advice or CPA services. You would have your clients sign a disclaimer acknowledging that in retaining your services they are doing so with the understanding that you are not functioning as an attorney, paralegal, accountant, etc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a limit on the fees I can charge for my services and do I need to file for anything other than a EIN and a fictitious for my business for it to be legitimate? It will be a sole proprietorship, possibly a partnership, with no employees.
No, there is no limit. However, the marketplace will strongly influence the fees that clients are willing to agree to. All you would need is an EIN and name for the business if a sole proprietorship.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And if it's a Partnership? I understand a Partnership Agreement, EIN, and a Fictitious Business Name Statement is needed. Would any other legal documentation be required to be completed?
No, it would not.
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience: Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements